Shiv Agarwal

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Road to FMS – Murphy’s Law : What you least expect, happens - Part 1

Mon, Somewhere between 30th and 31st May 2005

Oh boy! The chronological order of the posts on this blog is in one BIG mess. Anyone who can still make head or tail of what I write surely deserves an award! This is going to be another loooong post like the laptop one, but then I guess it deserves every bit of it. Everyone who thinks FMS is a tough one to convert should hear me on this one. I think I’ll break it up into multiple posts.

FMS – The Perception

FMS, an institute about which the only thing I ever heard was that there are only 60 seats and too tough to get into. And to top it all, the test is conducted in Mumbai! Everyone I know who took the FMS exam, took it with a pre determined mindset that they would not make it. An institute, to which when I was applying, my Dad told me “Don’t apply just about anywhere son!”. Took him quite a bit of convincing to let me fill that form. An instructor at a coaching institute told me to skip the test, so that I could attend a mock interview for the SP Jain and ISB calls I had! Rumours also of a reservation for Delhi students were all over the place. All this, not because its not a good institute, but people think chances are too less! Guess the only thing left was God himself telling me not to take the test. But He had other plans.

FMS – The Night Before

It was 15th January 2005, 10 pm. I had just returned from office, dead tired. Had the test the next day in Mumbai. Was in no shape to go. Got a call from Vikrant and Saurabh, don’t know whether they qualify as friends or brothers. They were not taking the test. But when 3 guys get together to plan a Sunday, ideas go wild. And so they did. We decided to drive down to Mumbai the next morning. Inspite of our vehement protests Saurabh said he’d bring the guitar. Ok, so now atleast yours truly decided to go for the exam!

Rest will follow soon!

-S

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home