Shiv Agarwal

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Pune

Tue, July 05 2005, 11:00 pm

Here is just a list of things I will miss about home and Pune, my home for 23 years.

792, Agarwal House, Agarwal Colony – the 150 year old bungalow – my home
Troubling Mom each time Jassi goes through a sea of emotions, thankfully she has stopped watching it now!!
Sharing those lighter moments of life with Dad
Teaming up with Dad and troubling Mom!
Mom always wondering how my wife will handle me …
The two little angels in my house, my nieces, Diya and Ayaana
Convincing them that Mickey Mouse was my classmate!
4 am walks on Main Street
Sitting on the stone wall on MG Road discussing life, career and … babes!
Marz o Rin

St.
Vincents, Vincents Street and all its surroundings
Scouts
Vincentians
Pub 14 and all its members
Bumping into friends everytime I am on Main Street
Masala Dosa at Priya
Irani Biryani at Blue Nile
Mini Pakistan! Its actually a real time simulation of Karachi or Lahore!
Ghar ka khana … everything … mango shake, chicken, the breakfasts, lunches and dinners
Family get togethers on birthdays and anniversaries
Holi, Diwali celebrations at home
10 days of Ganpati Bappa
Inox
The dude in Coffee House
Cellium and the Cellium Gang – though no one is now in Poona
My room with all its mess
Mahabi with all its temples, the drive, strawberries and everything
Maharashtrians and Marathi
Vaishali
Madhuban
Just Baked

Koregaon Park
, aaah!
Oshoites ;)
Kapila’s Kati Rolls accompanied with … you know what!
The PICT Gang
My school teachers – they still think I am a good student!
My desktop … has seen a lot more than just books and study material ;)
Thums Up, don’t know how Delhiites can prefer Coke and Pepsi!
Knowing every street, every lane of Pune Camp, where I grew up, makes you feel like the king of the land
Broon Maska, Omelette Bread at Yazdaan and the ‘cutting’ chai
Late night drives to Corinthian
Raat ke 2 baje station ki coffee or chai
Misal, Vada and all other accompaniments of ‘Pav’!!!!
The weather

Will add more as I think of them :)

-S

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home