Shiv Agarwal

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sarkar

July 07 2005, 1220 am

Saw Sarkar the other day.

No, I have not taken to reviewing every other movie I see (may be thats why I have not written about Parineeta!) The reason for this is simply the political streak somewhere in my blood (my grandmother being the first ever lady corporator of the Pune Cantonment Board and my grandfather being a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for quite a few years as a Leader of the Opposition). Also another reason is, though I do not agree with all his actions, I do admire Bal Thackeray for reasons I will not get into right now. And Sarkar was slated to be based on his lifestyle and I wanted to know how it portrayed Mumbai's most powerful man. Surprisingly it is nowhere close to Thackeray.

Came across this article on rediff that more or less reflects my opinion about the film, though not entirely. for eg. I did like the Govinda theme that plays throughout the film. However it is quite accurate and most importantly has saved me the time and energy!

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/jun/30sarkar.htm

-S

PS: Can anyone find me a Godfather in politics. I am serious. I want to give it a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home