Shiv Agarwal

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Khaali bore dopaharon se hum to jhola uthake chale ...

Wed 12 Jul 2005, 8:50 pm Somewhere between Pune and Delhi

I know I said in the previous post that it might be my last :-). Just don’t have much to do on the flight.

Nice people still exist ;-). Why do I say so?

I am allowed 30 kgs of luggage on this flight. I had 60. Was so mentally prepared to shell out as much as I paid for the ticket for the additional baggage :-(.

Dad always warned me never to check in with someone else’s baggage. Its basically risky especially on international travel for one could land up in a mess like drug dealers etc etc. And today I was in a position where I needed someone to check in with me. It was after all a matter of 30 x 70 = 2100 bucks! Just then a gentleman, Kunjal, probably in his late twenties strolls into the airport with a small bag. Here was my saviour! Explained to him that I was shifting base and thus had extra baggage and would be great if we could check in together. I was so sure he would deny. He smiled and asked, “I hope theres nothing fishy in there!” And I answer, “Nahin Yaar!!!!”

That’s it we checked in like the best of mates. He gave me my boarding pass, I thanked him, we exchanged the normal pleasantries and he left for security check. Thanks Kunjal!

-S

PS: I have been thanking so many people that my blog almost seems like an acceptance speech ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home